Civic Leadership Practice
Every Saturday, 9 – 10:30 a.m. by the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
- We start with a theme or quote that we email earlier in the week.
- Walk or jog solo around the Reflecting Pool and consider it (or whatever is on your mind). (Learn more on the value of exercise here.)
- Quick check-in and introductions and an occasional group icebreaker.
- Pair up with a conversation partner — preferably someone you haven’t talked to before. Get to know each other and discuss your reflections from your solitary walk/run.
- Meditation, reflection, or prayer — whichever you prefer. (Learn more about the value of solitude here.)
- OPTIONAL (Pre-COVID): Join us afterwards for Civic Canvassing at local farmers markets.
Feel a sense of responsibility to make a better world? We need leaders who can act with courage, wisdom, kindness, vision and integrity. Join us and become “the change we wish to see in the world.”
We must learn to live [and work] together as brothers [and sisters] or perish together as fools. – Dr. Martin Luther King
It’s going to take more than change in our political leaders and policies to fix what’s broken in the U.S. We need a change in our civic culture, and that starts with real leadership— even if starts with only a small number of people.
Interested in participating? Sign up below:
Download our flier here.